1. What two or three key features does a transportation system need, regardless of mode, to make Snohomish County competitive for job creation?
2. Describe the importance of a good transportation system with limited or no congestion to employers including new businesses locating here, those currently located here, and those considering expansion here.
3. Discuss the transportation industry as a job creator, of both direct and indirect jobs, including the provision of transportation service, movement of freight, and construction of projects.
The members of the panel will be:
· Steve Holtgeerts, Hogland Transfer Company, Inc
· Rich White, The Boeing Company
· Troy McClelland, Economic Alliance Snohomish County and Port of Everett
· Dave Johnson, Executive Secretary of the Washington State Building and Construction Trades.
The panel will be held Monday June 13th at 10:30 in the Jackson Board Room (8th Floor of the Drewel Building). Even if you can't make it, they'll be streaming the meeting on their website and posting the video after, so you can watch it anytime. Just click on this link:
Click on "Public Works Committee" near the bottom of the page in the Archives section.
Then a list of meetings will appear and you can choose the video for June 13, 2011, 10:30.