Metro has already gone to snow routing but now Pierce Transit is switching there as well. Apparently the snow is dumping in Tacoma, in Seattle most of the roads are still clear.
RIDER ALERT: All Pierce Transit routes are now operating on snow detours. For information on snow route detours please visit www.piercetransit.org or call our 24-hour hotline line at 253-984-8155 with pre-recorded snow detour descriptions. Snowy weather may cause delays, our transit operators and support staff work to give the best service possible.
Tips for riding the bus in snow and ice:
- Wait for the bus at the top or bottom of the hill closet to the stop.
- Signal the bus so the operator has plenty of time to stop.
- Wait until the bus stops and the door opens before approaching the bus.
- Use the handrails when getting on and off the bus.
- Wear highly visible and warm clothing.
Media may contact Lars Erickson at 253-278-2565 for more information.