Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Headed to Portland for a Joint Transportation Commission Meeting

The TCC office is slowly returning to normal now that light rail opening is over. Thank you to all of the all star volunteers who helped make opening day a success. We signed up almost 1000 new members! Check out a the Light Rail website on Whrrl where there are a bunch of pictures from the weekend. http://pages.whrrl.com/lightrail/

I am en route for to Portland to attend a meeting with members of the California, Washington, and Oregon transportation commission.

The agenda for the meeting on the Washington Transportation Commission's web pagehere.

It is a packed full agenda, here are the highlight:

-Columbia River Crossing
-Federal Re-authorization
-High-Speed Rail
-VMT
-Tolling in Washington

I would highlight which of these topics I will be watching closest, but that would be contrived since all of these issues are critically important for TCC and the future of transportation in the Pacific Northwest.

I'll post a summary of the meeting here on the blog and report on any new insight into where ODOT and WSDOT are headed in terms of these looming policy decisions. I am not sure if I will have internet at the ODOT building so feel free to follow mini-updates on TCC's Twitter Account.

I am off...to wait for my Amtrak Cascade train which is over an hour late due to mechanical problems, the path towards high speed rail is incremental...

No comments:

Post a Comment