Pierce Transit is evaluating its 30-year old structure and services. Help them plan for the future!
Join Pierce Transit for an Open House to discuss service changes through draft Alternatives 1 and 2. Last fall, Pierce Transit started reaching out to riders and the general public. They heard that transit's top priorities should be connecting people to jobs and meeting basic life needs for those who depend on Pierce Transit. In March and April, they took draft plans out to the communities, based on available funding. After hearing comments in public meetings and through surveys, online, phone and mail, Pierce Transit refined potential plans. The refined plans are now available. More information can be found at www.pttomorrow.org.
Pierce Transit Open House Location and Dates:
* BONNEY LAKE: June 2nd, 5:00-7:00pm, Bonney Lake Senior Center, 19304 Bonney Lake Blvd., Bonney Lake 98390; Served by Route 407
* PARKLAND/SPANAWAY: June 3rd, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Pacific Lutheran University, East Campus (Gym), Corner of 121st S and Pacific Ave, Tacoma 98447; Served by Routes 1, 45, 55, 204, 410, 444
* PUYALLUP/SOUTH HILL/SUMNER: June 7th, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Kalles Junior High School (Commons), 501 Seventh Ave SE, Puyallup 98372; Served by Route 402
* LAKEWOOD/UNIVERSITY PLACE: June 8th, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Pierce Transit Training Center, 3720 96th St SW, Lakewood 98499; Served by Routes 48, 300
* TACOMA: June 9th, 4:30pm-6:30pm, The Evergreen State College (Commons), 1210 6th Ave, Tacoma 98405; Served by Routes 1, 16, 28, 57
* GIG HARBOR/KEY PENINSULA: June 10th, 4:30pm-6:30pm, Civic Center (Council Chambers), 3510 Grandview St, Gig Harbor 98335; Served by Route 100
In addition, consider attending a Public Hearing that will be held by the Board of Commissioners on June 14th and formally comment on the alternatives as they may have major impacts on the community where you reside or work. Comments on the final alternatives are encouraged and may be submitted in person or in writing.
Public Hearing on System Redesign Alternatives
June 14th, 4:00pm
Pierce Transit Training Center
3720 96th St SW, Lakewood 98499
Served by Routes 48, 300